Friday, January 30, 2009

Game Show Contestant

Last Tuesday was an interesting day for me. In the last year I have attended tapings of such game shows as Jeopardy and Who Wants to be a Millionaire, and had always thought about being a contestant. I found out about a show called "Catch 21" and went in for an audition.

"Catch 21" is a relatively new show that has only been around for a year. It was created by the same guy who invented the Hollywood Squares show. It is a combination of Blackjack and Trivial Pursuits. The top prize is $26,000 but it sounds like it is very hard to win that much.

My audition was Tuesday afternoon in LA. There I met the Casting Director, Bev. There were about 30 people in attendance, mostly young guys. First Bev had us say something about ourselves. Then she ran us through a couple of test games to make sure that we understood the rules.

I don't really know what they want in a contestant...I guess I will just wait and see if I get called back. It was a fun and interesting afternoon.

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment